When considering the right garage door for your home, once you get past the esthetic part of the decision-making process, you need to have the following (please note that your Safe-Way Door Dealer will happy to come to your home and gather this information for you and give you suggestions for the best door based on your situation):
I. Essential (basic) information:
- Style (model), color and window options.
- Width and Height of door opening.
- Headroom – distance from the top of door opening to ceiling or other obstruction.
- Side-room – distance from sides of door opening, to the left or right, to any obstruction.
- Backroom – distance from header (inside, above door opening) away from the door opening to any obstruction.
- Operator needed.
II. Additional information:
- Center or side (standard) lock.
- Spring option (torsion or extension) – torsion recommended.
- Track configuration – 15” radius (standard), 12” radius, hi-lift, low-headroom, and available on commercial doors: high-lift above 36”, vertical-lift and follow-the-roof pitch. Also, vertical track mounting options are: bracket, continuous tapered angle or reverse angle.
- Windloading: you may live in a county which requires doors to withstand certain high wind pressures. Safe-way has several windload-certified models available to fit most needs. Please contact your local dealer for requirements in your location.